In 3PL warehouse operations, using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Integration offers many benefits. Using EDI Integration will allow warehouse personnel to exchange information in a standardized electronic format between different computer systems. When your IT and warehouse staff use the EDI process it will improve operational efficiencies, reduce errors, and improve data quality.
How EDI Transactions Can Be Of Value to Your Warehouse Ordering and Shipping ProcessesEDI 940 transactions are used to send warehouse shipping order information from the manufacturer, supplier, or customer to the warehouse. In addition, EDI 945 transactions are used to affirm receipts of the warehouse shipping order and provide shipment details which tracking numbers and carrier information. There are many benefits for a warehouse using both EDI 940 and 945 transactions.
- Enhanced efficiency and accuracy when your warehouse personnel are in the midst of order processing
- Fewer shipping lead times and more efficient delivery times
- Overall improved inventory management
- Less paperwork and administrative issues
- Improved communication and visibility on behalf of your customers
When you automate using EDI in your warehouse for order and shipping process, it will help to reduce the time required to process orders and minimize errors and delays which will help you better to serve your customers’ requirements.
The Value of EDI 943 and 944 Transactions for Receiving InventoryEDI 943 transactions are used to send warehouse receiving information from the warehouse to your customers. EDI 944 transactions are used to be sure that warehouse information is properly and inventory details are accurate, which include lot numbers and expiration dates. Using EDI 943 and 944 transactions provide several benefits for a warehouse and customers including and not limited to:
- Increased efficiency and accuracy in receiving and processing inventory
- Fewer lead times and better inventory accuracy
- Improved inventory management and tracking
- Less paperwork and administrative burden for your customer service personnel
- Enhanced communication and visibility for your administrative staff and your customers
Using 943 and 944 EDI processes will improve and help to automate the receiving process within your supply chain organization. Warehouses will also reduce the time and effort required to process inventory, minimize errors and enhance your communications with your customers who are storing items in your warehouse.
The Benefits of Implementing EDI Integration for the WarehouseUsing EDI processes will provide much value and benefits to your warehouse supply organization
- Increased operational efficiency and productivity
- Reduced errors and rework
- Improved communication and collaboration across departments and for your customers
- Improved data quality and accuracy
- Reduced costs and improved profitability
By automating manual processes, warehouses can reduce errors and delays, improve data quality and accuracy, and streamline communication across departments and for all of your customers.
EDI Integration will provide many benefits for a 3PL warehouse operation. Implementing EDI 940, 945, 943, and 944 transactions helps warehouses improve operational efficiency, reduce errors and delays, and improve data quality and accuracy. By using EDI Integration processes, warehouses will streamline their warehouse operations and improve communications with their customers
Core eBusiness Solutions WMS system included a comprehensive process whereby EDI processes are integrated in a very efficient manner into the overall supply chain warehouse operation. Our Tier 1 Evolve CoreWarehouse cloud based software is structured to capture, process and transmit EDI information across all channels within the warehouse operation.